Reports and Correspondence
Reports allow you to turn your grants data into meaningful and practical information, formatted however you wish. Use Reports to run summaries of Grant Rounds, produce notification letters to Applicants, or analyse your grant giving over a period of time.
Reports can be used to glean insights into the needs of your community, to publicise the good work your grants are helping to achieve, or to fulfill auditor requirements.
The system enables you to bring together your data however best meets your information needs. Use it to create Reports and Correspondence such as:
- Grant outcome notification letters
- Funding contracts
- Council reports
- Financial analysis
- Demographic analysis
- Assessment panel summaries
You are in complete control, so you can pull together whatever data you need into any style of document.
Reports can also be attached to a mailout. So if you're sending correspondence to your applicants, you might wan tto check out our mailout feature!
Reports in SmartyGrants are based on Templates. Templates are special Word or Excel documents, generated by the system, that allow you to specify the desired layout for your data. For example:
- For a Notification Letter, you might want individual pieces of data to be inserted into the relevant places through a document; much like a traditional mail merge.
- For a Council Report, you may wish to create a spreadsheet containing summary information about each application, such as the applicant organisation's name, project title, amount requested by the applicant, and the amount recommended by your assessment panel.
You may further wish to stipulate a sort order, text formatting, page headers and footers, inclusion of graphs and so on.
You do this by opening the Template in Word or Excel and manipulating these components as you would when working with a regular document.
For more detailed instructions on creating and customising templates see Templates and Rules.
Once a Template is created, it is used as the basis for generating Reports. For example:
- After creating the Notification Letter template mentioned above, you apply that Template to the recently concluded Environmental Grants May-June 2012 Grant Round. SmartyGrants matches the data to the Template and generates your Notification Letters in a matter of seconds.
- You could equally run the Council Report against the same Grant Round.
For more detailed instructions see Generating a Report.
When you create reports they are saved in a private area of your SmartyGrants called My Reports. Only you can see reports stored there.
- Default Templates Available
- Create a template
- Templates and Rules
- Generating a report
- Customise an Excel Template
- Customise a Word Template
- Customise a Grid in Template
- Round Snapshot Reports
- Report Errors